Saturday, July 11, 2015

Towpath Trail



Another day, another beautiful bike ride, this time down a section 
of the Towpath that Jason has never ridden before. Let's do this!


An old car sits under the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge.
The previously private area is now visible from a new 
extension of the trail which runs right past it.






A little farther south, the trail passes Steelyard and heads off into 
the Ohio and Erie Canal Reservation. I'm so happy to finally see a 
bike trail like this in Cleveland. Overgrown trees and wildlife, 
with no traffic to distract me from taking it all in.






A Flood Pole! 
The highest mark: 23 feet and 7 inches on June 23rd, 2006.





I installed an E-Brake on the Hercules (that I stole from 
my own Schwinn) last time I was in town. I am still
getting used to riding fixed and better safe than sorry for me.




Fun Fact: The Erie Canal also runs through upstate New York,
where I grew up. There are remains of locks from the Black River Canal,
which connected the Black River to the Erie Canal, along the sides
of Rt.12 which is how a local gas station, Lock 96, got its name.


No comments:

Post a Comment